Scheduling Preventive Maintenance and Inspections
Use Tasks to schedule preventive maintenance and building inspections. Here are the steps to configure a task.
Set up a Task
- From the dashboard, tap on Scheduled Tasks
- Add a scheduled task and write the description. Tickets created by the task will have the task description.
- Set the repeat interval for the task. The repeat interval can be any number of days, weeks, months, or years. For a task that occurs every month and a half, choose 45 days.
- Set create ticket before to control how far in advance the ticket will appear in the ticket list
- Optional, configure the task category and priority, add a checklist, photos and documents. Tickets created by the task have these settings and attachments.
- Submit the task
Associate Assets or Locations
- Tasks may be associated with assets or locations
- Tap Add to see a list of assets or locations for the portfolio or building
- Use the breadcrumbs to filter to a specific building
- Use search to filter for a category, for example, enter category (electric)
- Select the assets or locations to associate with the task and tap Update
- Choose Done
- To change the associated Assets or Locations, go back to the list and tap Add/Remove
- Make your selections, choose Update and then Done
Schedule the Task
- Once you have associated assets or locations with the task, you can schedule the maintenance
- Tap Add Start Dates and Assignees
- The start date and assignee is configured for each asset or location. You can set the dates or assignees as a group by choosing Select, selecting the assets or locations you want to edit, and then tapping Edit.
- Once you have made changes to the assignee or start date, tap Done
Look Ahead at your Upcoming Scheduled Maintenance
- When looking at the list of tasks, you will see a pivot for Schedules in the upper right corner. Use the schedules list to view upcoming maintenance and adjust the ticket due dates or assignees.
- If you change the scheduled due date on the schedule, the next ticket created will be updated accordingly. If you update the due date on a ticket, it will have no impact on the next scheduled ticket.